Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Disappointment Didn't (or how blueberries can make even the most uninspired Event better)

It's the morning after the 'celebration' and a day before the actual event.  Last night's dinner menu included fried shrimp, french fries (I couldn't eat-due to cook using substitute salt), slaw and pinto beans, wierd I know with the pintos.  Desert included blueberries and cream and store bought cake.  The guest list included my nephews, sister, parents, aunt and uncle/aunt and uncle's friends, (?).  Someone put up an old birthday banner and someone taped together a child's party center piece.  That alone was sufficient to make me want to jump off a cliff.  My brother and his wife called from KY which distracted me from most of the rest the festivities. 

I'm happy it's over.  I've been dreading it for weeks.  The disappointment didn't disappoint.  Now to get through tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment