Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

One dreadful Thanksgiving day a few years back, I found myself working out of state in the Jacksonville FL area.  The hotel had catered a delicious T Day Turkey Dinner the day before including all the fixin's.  The next day, actual Thanksgiving, I got out of my lonely hotel room & found a restaurant/bar open near the hotel/airport and spent the day watching football with a bunch of other displaced travelers.  It did little to alleviate my self pity.  It made me really appreciate being able to spend Thanksgiving with my loved ones.  And my heart goes out to all those folks who find themselves away from loved one on this holiday.  A special prayer goes out to you.  And to all you whom I count as friend, I'm sending a big hug.  Thanks for being there today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment