Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Too Horny"

Yesterday's I blogged about "Who Knew" making Garage Band.com Jazz Track of the Day.  Garage Band is an interactive site which allows member (presumably other musician) to join a contest wherein reviews are given by other members.  These reviews determine a song's ranking in a particular genre.  I've entered four tracks from Fedrick not Fred.  It's early but thus far I've received glowing reviews for "Hello", good reviews for both "Train Wreck" and "Hold on To Love".  And I just entered "Who Knew" a couple of days ago.  I  received it's first review yesterday, the title of which was  "Too Horny" supposedly in regards to the Big Band horn arrangement.  I'm thinking it was the reviewer's "pun-y" way of being "clever".  Wanting to understand more about the reviewer, I went to his Garage Band site.  He's a musician from Sherman Oaks CA.  Perhaps the best way to understand him is to read one of his glowing reviews

"METAL RULES---

Great mix.  Everything is big and clear.  Great tone on the guitars.  I know I'm listening to pro metal.  Grovy riff.  It sounds like the devil is singing--I'm head banging."

Hmmm. Perhaps not the best person to rate a 1940's Big Band Swing Number.

No comments:

Post a Comment